Owners: Will & Kelly McLearran
Home Town: Oro Valley, AZ
Specialty: Turbocharged Inline 6 cylinder Ford engines.
- 1986 Mustang GT, 5.0, stock bottom end, TFS Twisted Wedge heads (out of box) CarTech Turbo Kit = 10.72@132mph. This was our first attempt at turbocharging using an off the shelf system. Obviously it worked pretty good, but the installation required so much work that we decided to just make our own from then on.
- 1963 Falcon Futura, 250ci Inline 6, Classic Inlines aluminum head, Self-fabricated header, turbo piping and full exhaust. Best ET as of 9/05/07, 10.95@124mph. We’re shooting for 10.60s.
Featured in Car Craft and Mustang & Fords magazines.
- Inline 6 crate motor for the “ICE” project that the Julian Bros. out of the Chicago area are cooking up. They are known for their “SN65” Mustang. See www.SN65.com for details.
- Resurrecting the aforementioned ’86 Mustang for daily driver use. We’re swapping out the 5.0 for a 2.3/5 speed. Turbo’d of course! Will be running E85 as the fuel.
- Quarter Mile for a Cure Our annual drag race fund raiser for local Breast Cancer charities.
- Classic Inlines Research & Development shop! Basically we get to test the latest inline 6 products, and try to make them work. We provide feedback for engineering changes and production improvements.
1964 Econoline Truck: This one WAS going to be a cool, retro cruiser, now it's Will's new racer! It'll still be slammed, maybe tubbed, and a motor setback to put a few cylinders in the bed! The motor will probably be a 300 inch, Inline 6, with a turbo. The goal is still a street legal cruiser, but now it'll be 12 second fast!
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop:We're not quite sure what to do with this car. It was going to be the racer, but now....who knows! This project is way down on the to-do list..
- 1969 Mustang Sportsroof: It currently runs and drives just fine, but it needs paint and just a general going-thru. It still has the factory 351w installed and we’ll swap the FMX tranny for a modern AOD for better cruise ability. We’ll also reinstall the A/C and power steering. Basically we’re just going to make a very nice cruiser.